MyHealthSpecialist ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to in those terms) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is myHealthSpecialist Limited of Suites 47 & 48, The Brentano Suite, Solar House, 915 High Road, London, N12 8QJ.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Nikunj Modha.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.myhealthspecialist.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering (if you are a GP or a Specialist) to use our site, posting recommendations or other material or using the search facilities on our site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· We may also from time to time ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· If you are a Specialist or a GP, details of recommendations that you make through our site.
· Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, anonymous search history of users of the site who are not GPs and Specialists, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
· If you are a GP or a Specialist, IP addresses, user agent string and user identifiable logging of search history.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
(c) Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
myhs_patientdisclaimer_dismissed - Patient disclaimer - Remembers your acceptance of our patient disclaimer
www.myhealthspecialist.com - Auto-login cookie - Remembers your login (if you selected to do so)
Google Analytics (several) - Several cookies exist - Enables Google analytics to give us statistics on usage of our site - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage#sthash.n0repzfe.dpuf
ShareThis – Cookie names: .sharethis.com - _stid; .sharethis.com - _uset; .sharethis.com - _stid (edge.sharethis.com, seg.sharethis.com); .sharethis.com - _uset (edge.sharethis.com, seg.sharethis.com); .scorecardresearch.com – UID (seg.sharethis.com); .scorecardresearch.com – UIDR (seg.sharethis.com) - ShareThis cookies Collect information such as general click stream behaviour such as web pages viewed (including the URL addresses of such pages), search queries from which users are directed to a page, navigation from page to page through the ShareThis Services, time spent on each page, and items that you click or select. ScorecardResearch uses the combination of tagging and cookies to help websites count users who have visited and seen a page or various parts of a page.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Most of our cookies have expiry times set by the provider (Google/Share this) with the exception of:
a. Patient: Session
b. Cookie warning: 10 years
c. Auto login cookie: 1 year
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
· To compile statistical data and analyses, providing that this will not enable the identification of individuals
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that a certain number of members of the public have searched for a Specialist in a particular location or with a particular speciality, or that a certain number of users have clicked on a particular advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If MyHealthSpecialist Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use (and any other documents referred to in those terms) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MyHealthSpecialist, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via the contact us page.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.